Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rear end conversion

So when i was driving the truck (C20). I noticed that i couldn't go over about 45 or 50mph, or the motor would just be screaming. I later noticed the option sheet in the glove box that lists what the truck had when it came off the line. Among the options I noticed that there was listed a no-slip rear diff with 5.13 gears. I thought to myself well no wonder. So I started making plans to switch the rear end out with my C10 trucks rear end. So i got it out and and well its huge. I then took the one out of the C10 and took the axles out and replaced all of  the seals. I also checked the gear ratio and it has a much more street-able 3:73 ratio. No no-slip but that's OK. Enjoy the Pics.


So here is the new one under the truck. I also decided that since i had the axles out that i would press out the old studs drill the holes out and press in studs to match the front disc brake setup that i got off another truck from a junk yard. A 2008 GMC 2500 yes they are 6 lug discs and i got it all for about 85 dollars. I would like to add right now that I do not use much or really any of the money that I make and take home at my job. The money that I do use comes from selling other parts that i have kicking around the shop. So you could say that this is a definite budget build.


So you can see the bigger stud i here. I hope to get better rims right now but as I said before I really don't have the money. These are the ones i would like to get. Probably wont lower the truck this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment